This is a reminder that in order to assist you Central’s doors will be open on Monday and Tuesday (March 23 and 24) from 8 AM – 3 PM for families to retrieve essential items, such as medication, eyeglasses, instruments, and Chromebooks. This is NOT a time to clean out lockers; only necessary items should be picked up at this time. We are asking that anyone that has potentially been exposed to Covid-19 or showing any symptoms to refrain from coming to the school.
We plan to have a very limited number of staff members working on these two days to assist families. Out of an abundance of caution, and in order to ensure the safety of all, please be prepared to practice social distancing and the following non-negotiable protocols:
- Pull into the new front loop on the north side of the building at the corner of 9th and Rankin. Line up in the pick-up line on the far right, closest to the curb. Wait in your vehicle until asked to enter the building by an administrator. This process may take a while because we will limit the number of people in the building at a time. Thank you for your kind understanding and patience.
- Please be prepared to share with an administrator what item you have come to retrieve. We are documenting all reasons for entry and names of all who enter the building.
- Only one individual from the vehicle will be allowed to enter the building.
- Upon entering the school, we ask that you quickly retrieve the necessary item and exit in a timely manner with no congregating or socializing. YOU WILL EXIT BACK THROUGH THE NEW MAIN ENTRANCE. ONE ENTRANCE/ONE EXIT. No exceptions.
- Teachers may also be retrieving items from their classrooms. Please do not interrupt them. They, also, must get what they need and leave immediately. They have been instructed not to socialize during this time where safety trumps social norms.
For those who come to pick up students’ medications, stay in your car until an administrator can assist you. Once we are able to help you, please be prepared to show identification and ensure that you are listed as a contact within Infinite Campus for the student. We will only be able to give medication to an adult. A staff member will retrieve your student’s medicine and will bring it into the Main Entrance foyer where they will count it with you. You will sign off on the count and will be able to leave with your medication. If you plan to pick up medication, you can fill out this Google form which will allow us to be prepared for you in advance.
Since we will have a limited number of staff members working on these days, it is imperative that you know the student’s locker and locker combination. We will not be able to look up that information for you. You can find locker numbers and combinations on the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
For current information from Edmond Public Schools regarding Covid-19 and the district’s response, please visit the District Website. Check your emails frequently as information is quickly changing as new information is gathered. This is also an important time to sign up for Text Messaging (text “ Opt in” to 67587) and follow the EPS App. More details on both forms of communication can be found here.
Once again, please do not come to Central on Monday and Tuesday unless you absolutely need to. Your safety, as well as the safety of those working, is paramount. We hope that the extreme precautions and extraordinary measures we are taking help flatten the Covid-19 curve. The fewer people we have in our building, the better.
We miss you already!
Laura L. McGee